We are excited to share new opportunities that will be available to you this Fall at Sayreville Soccer. On Friday nights at 6pm, we are inviting all girls born 2009 through 2012 (U7 through U10) that are registered players in our co-ed recreation program, to come play 4v4 festival style games with their peers. These games will feature only girls from the soccer program, in an open play format. There is no extra charge to play in these games.
We are calling this our Diamond League, as the standard 4v4 formation is played in that shape. With our 4v4 games, players will receive more than 5 times the amount of touches and repetitions compared to standard match play. The games are designed to stimulate the players and lead them down a path of learning through play.
Benefits of 4v4 play:
* Limited Coaching, all part of guided discovery as the game is the teacher.
* Simplifies decision making while in possession (dribble, shoot or pass).
* More player participation.
* Significantly more touches on the ball.
* More passes attempted.
* Opportunities to score goals.
* No refs, no results, no positions... only soccer.
* Children take responsibility and help manage their own play with peers.
Our goal as a club is to bring in more girls to play the sport, develop into confident players and retain them within our program to build around. Currently girls only represent 20% of our travel program and 25% of our recreational soccer league. We are passionate about the benefits soccer brings out in young ladies and want to bring that joy to more families. Please be kind enough to share this with friends and family, encouraging more to signup and come have fun.